I’m usually a big fan of the Oscars. Normally by now I’ve seen all the top contenders and I’d post my picks for the winners, but considering I’ve only seen 3 movies in the theater over the last 12 months I’m not even going to make an attempt. In fact, I can’t even remember what movies I saw in the last year (ok, I remember Spiderman 2).
Here’s a few of my thoughts on a few of the nominees:
- I’d really like Don Cheadle to win for Hotel Rwanda. Why? I dunno, while I’ve never been to Rwanda I’ve always enjoyed his performances, especially in Traffic.
- Clive Owen should win for Closer, because the BMW Films are cool.
- Kate Winslet should win, because she’s hot.
- Natalie Portman should win, because she’s wont for being Amidala in the Star Wars movies but was cool in Leon. Also, she’s going to be in one of my favorite comic books (turned movie), V for Vendetta.
- The Incredibles should win, because it’s by Pixar.
Finally for Best Picture, my vote’s on The Aviator. Why? No idea, just looked to be the most interesting.